Overhead Crane Inspection Vernon County, MO
Overhead crane inspection Vernon County, MO. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Vernon County, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Vernon County, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to learn more about overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Vernon County, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Vernon County, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Vernon County, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Vernon County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Vernon County, MO and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Vernon County, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Vernon County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Vernon County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Vernon County, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Vernon County, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Vernon County, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.