Overhead Crane Inspection Vermillion County, IL
Overhead crane inspection Vermillion County, IL. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Vermillion County, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Vermillion County, IL and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Vermillion County, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Vermillion County, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, including full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Vermillion County, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Vermillion County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Vermillion County, IL and throughout the Midwest include examining the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Vermillion County, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Vermillion County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Vermillion County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Vermillion County, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Vermillion County, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Vermillion County, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.