Overhead Crane Inspection Madison, IL
Overhead crane inspection Madison, IL. Because of the size and weight of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Madison, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing standards in Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Madison, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Madison, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
- Chain Hoist Parts
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Madison, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Madison, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Madison, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Madison, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Madison, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Madison, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Madison, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.