Overhead Crane Inspection Madison, IL
Overhead crane inspection Madison, IL. Due to the size and weight of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Madison, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing mandates in Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Madison, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Madison, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Madison, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Madison, IL and throughout the Midwest include checking the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Madison, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Madison, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Madison, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Madison, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Madison, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Madison, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.