Overhead Crane Inspection Independence, MO
Overhead crane inspection Independence, MO. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is precisely the reason periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Independence, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Independence, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Independence, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Independence, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Independence, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Independence, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Independence, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Independence, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Independence, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Independence, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Independence, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Independence, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Independence, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Independence, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.