Overhead Crane Inspection Hannibal, MO
Overhead crane inspection Hannibal, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Hannibal, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing mandates in Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Hannibal, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Hannibal, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, including full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Hannibal, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Hannibal, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Hannibal, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Hannibal, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Hannibal, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Hannibal, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Hannibal, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.