Overhead Crane Inspection Hannibal, MO
Overhead crane inspection Hannibal, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at top efficiency, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Hannibal, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing mandates in Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Hannibal, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Hannibal, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Hannibal, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Hannibal, MO and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Hannibal, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Hannibal, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Hannibal, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Hannibal, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Hannibal, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Hannibal, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.