Overhead Crane Inspection Cedar Rapids, IA
Overhead crane inspection Cedar Rapids, IA. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Cedar Rapids, IA overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Cedar Rapids, IA and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Cedar Rapids, IA and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Cedar Rapids, IA overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Cedar Rapids, IA and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Cedar Rapids, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Cedar Rapids, IA and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Cedar Rapids, IA and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Cedar Rapids, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Cedar Rapids, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Cedar Rapids, IA area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Cedar Rapids, IA, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Cedar Rapids, IA and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.