Overhead Crane Inspection Potosi, MO
Overhead crane inspection Potosi, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Potosi, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing requirements in Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Potosi, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Potosi, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Potosi, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Potosi, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Potosi, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Potosi, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Potosi, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Potosi, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Potosi, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.