Overhead Crane Inspection Potosi, MO
Overhead crane inspection Potosi, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Potosi, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Potosi, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Potosi, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
- Chain Hoist Parts
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Potosi, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Potosi, MO and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Potosi, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Potosi, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Potosi, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Potosi, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Potosi, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Potosi, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.