Overhead Crane Inspection Davenport, IA
Overhead crane inspection Davenport, IA. Due to the size and weight of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at top efficiency, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Davenport, IA overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Davenport, IA and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Davenport, IA and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Davenport, IA overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Davenport, IA and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Davenport, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Davenport, IA and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Davenport, IA and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Davenport, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Davenport, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Davenport, IA area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Davenport, IA, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Davenport, IA and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.