Overhead Crane Inspection Washington County, IL
Overhead crane inspection Washington County, IL. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Washington County, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in Washington County, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Washington County, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Washington County, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Washington County, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Washington County, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Washington County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Washington County, IL and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Washington County, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Washington County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Washington County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Washington County, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Washington County, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Washington County, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.