Overhead Crane Inspection Decatur, IL
Overhead crane inspection Decatur, IL. Due to the size and weight of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is precisely the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Decatur, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing requirements in Decatur, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Decatur, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Decatur, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, including comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Decatur, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Decatur, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Decatur, IL and throughout the Midwest include checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Decatur, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Decatur, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Decatur, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Decatur, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Decatur, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Decatur, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.