Overhead Crane Inspection Neosho, MO
Overhead crane inspection Neosho, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is precisely the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Neosho, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Neosho, MO and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Neosho, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Neosho, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, including full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Neosho, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Neosho, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Neosho, MO and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Neosho, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Neosho, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Neosho, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Neosho, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Neosho, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Neosho, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.