Overhead Crane Inspection Kansas City, MO
Overhead crane inspection Kansas City, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at peak performance, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Kansas City, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Kansas City, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Kansas City, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Kansas City, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Kansas City, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Kansas City, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Kansas City, MO and throughout the Midwest includes looking over the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Kansas City, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Kansas City, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Kansas City, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Kansas City, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Kansas City, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Kansas City, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.