Overhead Crane Inspection Blue Springs, MO
Overhead crane inspection Blue Springs, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly the reason periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Blue Springs, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing requirements in Blue Springs, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Blue Springs, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Blue Springs, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Blue Springs, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Blue Springs, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Blue Springs, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Blue Springs, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Blue Springs, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Blue Springs, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Blue Springs, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Blue Springs, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Blue Springs, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Blue Springs, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.