Overhead Crane Inspection Mattoon, IL
Overhead crane inspection Mattoon, IL. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Mattoon, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Mattoon, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Mattoon, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Mattoon, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, including full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Mattoon, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Mattoon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Mattoon, IL and throughout the Midwest include examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Mattoon, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Mattoon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Mattoon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Mattoon, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Mattoon, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Mattoon, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.