Overhead Crane Inspection Springfield, MO
Overhead crane inspection Springfield, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is exactly the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them working at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Springfield, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Springfield, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Springfield, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Springfield, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, including full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Springfield, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Springfield, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- NORD Flexbloc Parts
- NORD Flexbloc
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
- Chain Hoist Parts
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Springfield, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Springfield, MO and throughout the Midwest include checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Springfield, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Springfield, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Give us a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Springfield, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Springfield, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Springfield, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Springfield, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.