Overhead Crane Inspection Crawford County, MO
Overhead crane inspection Crawford County, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Crawford County, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing requirements in Crawford County, MO and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Crawford County, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Crawford County, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, including comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Crawford County, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Crawford County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Crawford County, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Crawford County, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Crawford County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Crawford County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Crawford County, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Crawford County, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Crawford County, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.