Overhead Crane Inspection Rockford, IL
Overhead crane inspection Rockford, IL. Because of the size and weight of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at top efficiency, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Rockford, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Rockford, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Rockford, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Rockford, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest includes looking over the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Rockford, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Rockford, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Rockford, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Rockford, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Rockford, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Rockford, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.