Overhead Crane Inspection Rockford, IL
Overhead crane inspection Rockford, IL. Due to the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Rockford, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing requirements in Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Rockford, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Rockford, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, including full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Rockford, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Rockford, IL and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Rockford, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Rockford, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Rockford, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Rockford, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Rockford, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Rockford, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.