Overhead Crane Inspection Effingham, IL
Overhead crane inspection Effingham, IL. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is exactly why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Effingham, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in Effingham, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Effingham, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Effingham, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Effingham, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Effingham, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Effingham, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Effingham, IL and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Effingham, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Effingham, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Effingham, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Effingham, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Effingham, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Effingham, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.