Overhead Crane Inspection Sedalia, MO
Overhead crane inspection Sedalia, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is exactly why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at peak performance, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Sedalia, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Sedalia, MO and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Sedalia, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Sedalia, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Sedalia, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Sedalia, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Sedalia, MO and throughout the Midwest includes looking over the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Sedalia, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Sedalia, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Sedalia, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Sedalia, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Sedalia, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Sedalia, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.