Overhead Crane Inspection Eureka, MO
Overhead crane inspection Eureka, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is precisely why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them working at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Eureka, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in Eureka, MO and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Eureka, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Eureka, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, including comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Eureka, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Eureka, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Eureka, MO and throughout the Midwest include checking the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Eureka, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Eureka, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Eureka, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a full report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Eureka, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Eureka, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Eureka, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.