Overhead Crane Inspection Pacific, MO
Overhead crane inspection Pacific, MO. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is exactly the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at top efficiency, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Pacific, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Pacific, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Pacific, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Pacific, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Pacific, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Pacific, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Pacific, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Pacific, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Pacific, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Pacific, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.