Overhead Crane Inspection Pacific, MO
Overhead crane inspection Pacific, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Pacific, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing standards in Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Pacific, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Pacific, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, including comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Pacific, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Pacific, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Pacific, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Pacific, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Pacific, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Pacific, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Pacific, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Pacific, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.