Overhead Crane Inspection Terre Haute, IN
Overhead crane inspection Terre Haute, IN. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is precisely why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Terre Haute, IN overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Terre Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Terre Haute, IN and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Terre Haute, IN overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Terre Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Terre Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Terre Haute, IN and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Terre Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Terre Haute, IN and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Terre Haute, IN and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Terre Haute, IN and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Terre Haute, IN area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Terre Haute, IN, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Terre Haute, IN and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.