Overhead Crane Inspection Springfield, IL
Overhead crane inspection Springfield, IL. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Springfield, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing standards in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Springfield, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Springfield, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, including comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Springfield, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest include checking the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Springfield, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Springfield, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Springfield, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Springfield, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Springfield, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Springfield, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.