Overhead Crane Inspection Springfield, IL
Overhead crane inspection Springfield, IL. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at peak performance, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Springfield, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing requirements in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Springfield, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Springfield, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Springfield, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest includes looking over the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Springfield, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Springfield, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Springfield, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Springfield, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Springfield, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Springfield, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.