Overhead Crane Inspection Farmington, MO
Overhead crane inspection Farmington, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is precisely the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Farmington, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing mandates in Farmington, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Farmington, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Farmington, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Farmington, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Farmington, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
- Chain Hoist Parts
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Farmington, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Farmington, MO and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Farmington, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Farmington, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Farmington, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Farmington, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Farmington, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Farmington, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.