Overhead Crane Inspection Warrenton, MO
Overhead crane inspection Warrenton, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is exactly the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at peak performance, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Warrenton, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Warrenton, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Warrenton, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, including comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Warrenton, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Warrenton, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Warrenton, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Warrenton, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Warrenton, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Warrenton, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Warrenton, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.