Overhead Crane Inspection Warrenton, MO
Overhead crane inspection Warrenton, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them working at top efficiency, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Warrenton, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing mandates in Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Warrenton, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Warrenton, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, including comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Warrenton, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Warrenton, MO and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Warrenton, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Warrenton, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Warrenton, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Warrenton, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Warrenton, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Warrenton, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.