Overhead Crane Inspection Laclede County, MO
Overhead crane inspection Laclede County, MO. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Laclede County, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Laclede County, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Laclede County, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Laclede County, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, including comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Laclede County, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Laclede County, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Laclede County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspection in Laclede County, MO and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Laclede County, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Laclede County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Laclede County, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Laclede County, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Laclede County, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Laclede County, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.