Overhead Crane Inspection Dubuque, IA
Overhead crane inspection Dubuque, IA. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Dubuque, IA overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing standards in Dubuque, IA and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Dubuque, IA and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Dubuque, IA overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Dubuque, IA and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Dubuque, IA and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Dubuque, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Dubuque, IA and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Dubuque, IA and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Dubuque, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Dubuque, IA and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Dubuque, IA area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Dubuque, IA, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Dubuque, IA and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.