Overhead Crane Inspection Wentzville, MO
Overhead crane inspection Wentzville, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is precisely the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at top efficiency, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Wentzville, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Wentzville, MO and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Wentzville, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Wentzville, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Wentzville, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Wentzville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Wentzville, MO and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Wentzville, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Wentzville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Wentzville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Wentzville, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Wentzville, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Wentzville, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.