Overhead Crane Inspection Bentonville, AR
Overhead crane inspection Bentonville, AR. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Bentonville, AR overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing mandates in Bentonville, AR and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Bentonville, AR and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Bentonville, AR overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, including full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Bentonville, AR and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Bentonville, AR and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Bentonville, AR and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Bentonville, AR and throughout the Midwest include checking the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Bentonville, AR and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Bentonville, AR and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Bentonville, AR and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Bentonville, AR area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Bentonville, AR, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Bentonville, AR and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.