Overhead Crane Inspection Cedar Hill, MO
Overhead crane inspection Cedar Hill, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is exactly why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Cedar Hill, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing mandates in Cedar Hill, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Cedar Hill, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Cedar Hill, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, including full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Cedar Hill, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Cedar Hill, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Cedar Hill, MO and throughout the Midwest include checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Cedar Hill, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Cedar Hill, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Cedar Hill, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us right away or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Cedar Hill, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Cedar Hill, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Cedar Hill, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.