Overhead Crane Inspection Champaign, IL
Overhead crane inspection Champaign, IL. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is exactly the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Champaign, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Champaign, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Champaign, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Champaign, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Champaign, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Champaign, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Champaign, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Champaign, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Champaign, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Champaign, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.