Overhead Crane Inspection Champaign, IL
Overhead crane inspection Champaign, IL. Because of the size and weight of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Champaign, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Champaign, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Champaign, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Champaign, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Champaign, IL and throughout the Midwest include checking the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Champaign, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Champaign, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Champaign, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Champaign, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Champaign, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Champaign, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.