Overhead Crane Inspection St. Clair, MO
Overhead crane inspection St. Clair, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is precisely the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your St. Clair, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For St. Clair, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our St. Clair, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, including comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in St. Clair, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest includes checking the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our St. Clair, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in St. Clair, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in St. Clair, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the St. Clair, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in St. Clair, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing St. Clair, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.