Overhead Crane Inspection St. Clair, MO
Overhead crane inspection St. Clair, MO. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at peak performance, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your St. Clair, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing mandates in St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For St. Clair, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our St. Clair, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in St. Clair, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in St. Clair, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, fraying, kinks, any deformation or damage to the rope structure, loss of lubricant, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our St. Clair, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in St. Clair, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in St. Clair, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the St. Clair, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in St. Clair, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing St. Clair, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.