Overhead Crane Inspection Belvidere, IL
Overhead crane inspection Belvidere, IL. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is exactly the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Belvidere, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Belvidere, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Belvidere, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Belvidere, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Belvidere, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Belvidere, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Belvidere, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Belvidere, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Belvidere, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts a costly halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Belvidere, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day back in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.