Overhead Crane Inspection Belvidere, IL
Overhead crane inspection Belvidere, IL. Due to the size and weight of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is precisely why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at top efficiency, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Belvidere, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing standards in Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Belvidere, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Belvidere, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Belvidere, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Belvidere, IL and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Belvidere, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Belvidere, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Belvidere, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Belvidere, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Belvidere, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Belvidere, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.