Overhead Crane Inspection Cassville, MO
Overhead crane inspection Cassville, MO. Because of the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Cassville, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in Cassville, MO and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Cassville, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Cassville, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Cassville, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Cassville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Cassville, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Cassville, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Cassville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Cassville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane should be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even use the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a full report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Cassville, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Cassville, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Cassville, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.