Overhead Crane Inspection Lebanon, MO
Overhead crane inspection Lebanon, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Lebanon, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing mandates in Lebanon, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Lebanon, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Lebanon, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, including full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Lebanon, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Lebanon, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Lebanon, MO and throughout the Midwest include checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Lebanon, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Lebanon, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Lebanon, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Lebanon, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Lebanon, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane is up to government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Lebanon, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.