Overhead Crane Inspection Perryville, MO
Overhead crane inspection Perryville, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at peak performance, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Perryville, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing mandates in Perryville, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Perryville, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Perryville, MO overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Perryville, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Perryville, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
- Chain Hoist Parts
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Perryville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in optimal performance, which is where our technicians excel!
Frequent inspections in Perryville, MO and throughout the Midwest include examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Perryville, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Perryville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Perryville, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Contact us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Perryville, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Perryville, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Perryville, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.