Overhead Crane Inspection Randolph County, IL
Overhead crane inspection Randolph County, IL. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is precisely the reason periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Randolph County, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing requirements in Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Randolph County, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Randolph County, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing many different kinds of crane services, including comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Randolph County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Randolph County, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Randolph County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Randolph County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a full report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Randolph County, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Randolph County, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane meets government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Randolph County, IL and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds, since that first day back in 2004. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.