Overhead Crane Inspection Randolph County, IL
Overhead crane inspection Randolph County, IL. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is exactly the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them operating at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Randolph County, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our primary objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing requirements in Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Randolph County, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Randolph County, IL overhead crane company is specialized in performing all types of crane services, including comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Randolph County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Randolph County, IL and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Randolph County, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Randolph County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Randolph County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians need to provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Randolph County, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Randolph County, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Randolph County, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.