Overhead Crane Inspection Mt. Vernon, IL
Overhead crane inspection Mt. Vernon, IL. Because of the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. This is precisely the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Mt. Vernon, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing standards in Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Mt. Vernon, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Mt. Vernon, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Mt. Vernon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Mt. Vernon, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Mt. Vernon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
If you fail to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Give us a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Mt. Vernon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Mt. Vernon, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Mt. Vernon, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your worksite, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Mt. Vernon, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.