Overhead Crane Inspection Mt. Vernon, IL
Overhead crane inspection Mt. Vernon, IL. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at peak performance, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Mt. Vernon, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most rigorous manufacturing standards in Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to learn more about overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Mt. Vernon, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Mt. Vernon, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of drive components, wire ropes, brakes, mechanical couplings, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
In addition to being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Mt. Vernon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as often as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Mt. Vernon, IL and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Mt. Vernon, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Mt. Vernon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Mt. Vernon, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Mt. Vernon, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Mt. Vernon, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your overhead crane today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane is up to government regulations and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Mt. Vernon, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of all kinds. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or call our experienced specialists right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.