Overhead Crane Inspection St. Joseph, MO
Overhead crane inspection St. Joseph, MO. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects often being lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous failure that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. This is precisely why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not simply keep them working at peak performance, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your St. Joseph, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or perhaps even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing requirements in St. Joseph, MO and throughout the Midwest.
To learn more about overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For St. Joseph, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our St. Joseph, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in St. Joseph, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in St. Joseph, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in St. Joseph, MO and throughout the Midwest include looking over the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our St. Joseph, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in St. Joseph, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs an on-site audit. Give us a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or connect with us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in St. Joseph, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane should be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by experienced representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a written report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the St. Joseph, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in St. Joseph, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your system is up to government standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing St. Joseph, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.