Overhead Crane Inspection O’Fallon, MO
Overhead crane inspection O’Fallon, MO. Due to the size and weight of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily usage can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is exactly the reason frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them operating at peak performance, but to also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your O’Fallon, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even a complete overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in O’Fallon, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For O’Fallon, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our O’Fallon, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as full inspections in which we will complete an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services offered by Engineered Lifting Systems in O’Fallon, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in O’Fallon, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in optimal operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in O’Fallon, MO and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our O’Fallon, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in O’Fallon, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These standards for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspection includes checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to do these crane inspection requisites, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA performs a sudden, on-site audit. Call us today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or contact us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in O’Fallon, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to make sure all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians need to provide a written report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in order. Reach out to us right away or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the O’Fallon, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in O’Fallon, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts an abrupt halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing O’Fallon, MO and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or call our experienced specialists today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.