Overhead Crane Inspection Madison County, IL
Overhead crane inspection Madison County, IL. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to degradation or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely the reason why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not just keep them working at top efficiency, but also keep your staff safe, reduce costly downtime, and extend the life of your equipment.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Madison County, IL overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or perhaps even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main goal since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in Madison County, IL and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Madison County, IL and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Madison County, IL overhead crane company is experienced in performing all types of crane services, including full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. The frequency of inspection is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Madison County, IL and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Madison County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Operational and visual inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Madison County, IL and throughout the Midwest includes looking over the following list of items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for distorted links interfering with proper function, excessive wear, twists, and stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Madison County, IL and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for leakage or deterioration in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working condition according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and check that warning and other safety labels are apparent and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Madison County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Madison County, IL and Throughout the Midwest
Any updated, new, repaired, reinstalled, modified, or altered crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the first use. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is no more than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even operate the crane system.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all working components have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a full report on the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us now or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Madison County, IL area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Madison County, IL, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine meets government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Madison County, IL and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, contact us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.