Overhead Crane Inspection Terra Haute, IN
Overhead crane inspection Terra Haute, IN. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are lifted by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at top efficiency, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Terra Haute, IN overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since that first day in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most demanding manufacturing standards in Terra Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest.
Reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection and to get started on a quote, reach out to us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Terra Haute, IN and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Terra Haute, IN overhead crane company is experienced in performing many different kinds of crane services, such as full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry standards. Inspection frequency is based on service, environmental, and application factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Terra Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Periodic Inspections (monthly to annually)
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- A review of existing training and inspection records
- Electronic or written inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Terra Haute, IN and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. Over time, normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the structure and components. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Terra Haute, IN and throughout the Midwest include examining the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for broken strands, any damage to the rope structure, kinks, loss of lubricant, fraying, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or excessive wear. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Terra Haute, IN and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists ensure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Terra Haute, IN and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you neglect to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Call us right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Terra Haute, IN and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you can even use the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report of the results. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us today or give us a call at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Terra Haute, IN area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Terra Haute, IN, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system today. Once we complete the inspection, you can get back at it with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government regulations and your crew is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your worksite, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Terra Haute, IN and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call today at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.