Overhead Crane Inspection Wichita, KS
Overhead crane inspection Wichita, KS. Because of the weight and overall size of the objects that are transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to deterioration or, worse, a dangerous deficiency that puts your employees, your company, and your processes at risk. Which is precisely why frequent and periodic crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them working at top efficiency, but to also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s crane solution – providing everything you need for your Wichita, KS overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the best inspection services and equipment for your overhead crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing mandates in Wichita, KS and throughout the Midwest.
For more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our staff at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Wichita, KS and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Wichita, KS overhead crane company is experienced in performing a variety of crane services, including full inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing the necessary documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our staff inspectors are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Wichita, KS and throughout the Midwest include:
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Frequent Inspections (daily to monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- Detailed inspection of brakes, drive components, mechanical couplings, wire ropes, limits and limit operation
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues and hazards or opportunities for improvement
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Wichita, KS and Throughout the Midwest
Frequent crane inspections performed monthly or as frequent as daily can help identify potential problems and address them before a costly accident occurs. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and wreak havoc on the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak operating condition, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspections in Wichita, KS and throughout the Midwest include checking the following components:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. We then add lubrication, if necessary.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Wichita, KS and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in tanks, lines, drain pumps, valves, etc.
- Hooks – We look for deformation, cracks, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that there is no excessive drift and that stopping distance is normal.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We ensure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety devices and make sure that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Wichita, KS and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which calls for inspections to be performed periodically in 1- to 12-month intervals. These regulations for yearly inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
If you fail to do these crane inspection requirements, not only will your efficiency suffer, it could lead to costly fines if OSHA were to perform a sudden, on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Wichita, KS and Throughout the Midwest
Any new, reinstalled, modified, altered, repaired, or updated crane is required to be inspected to ensure compliance prior to the first use. For instance, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by qualified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been installed properly and functionally tested. These trained technicians must provide a full report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, our team is proud to have the pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Contact us today or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to come take a look at your new crane before getting started in the Wichita, KS area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Reach Out To the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Wichita, KS, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors take a look at your system now. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your machine is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An overhead crane at a standstill puts a costly halt to your project, along with your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Engineered Lifting Systems has been providing Wichita, KS and Midwest companies with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type, since that first day back in 2004. To get begin a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.