Overhead Crane Inspection Moberly, MO
Overhead crane inspection Moberly, MO. Due to the weight and overall size of the objects often being transported by overhead cranes, daily operation can lead to decline or, worse, a dangerous breakdown that puts you, your team, or your company at risk. Which is exactly the reason why periodic and frequent crane inspections from Engineered Lifting Systems are necessary to not only keep them operating at top efficiency, but also reduce expensive downtime, extend the life of your crane system, and keep your staff safe.
Founded in St. Louis in 2004, Engineered Lifting Systems is the Midwest’s answer for your company’s search – providing everything you need for your Moberly, MO overhead crane system. From initial consultation to inspection, repair services, and maintenance, or even an entire overhead crane brake rebuild, our main objective since day one in 2004 has been to provide the right inspection services and equipment for your crane system that meets the most challenging manufacturing requirements in Moberly, MO and throughout the Midwest.
Contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 for more information regarding overhead crane inspection or to get started on a quote, contact us online or call our team at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.
Overhead Crane Inspection Services For Moberly, MO and Midwest Businesses By Engineered Lifting Systems
Our Moberly, MO overhead crane company is specialized in performing a variety of crane services, such as comprehensive inspections where we go through an extensive crane inspection checklist – auditing your machines and providing documentation for compliance with industry regulations. Inspection frequency is based on application, environmental, and service factors. Our inspectors on staff are certified to perform inspections for compliance with the following standards:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Overhead crane inspection services performed by Engineered Lifting Systems in Moberly, MO and throughout the Midwest include:
- Frequent Inspections (daily or monthly)
- Periodic Inspections (monthly or annually)
- Initial Crane Inspections
- Written or electronic inspection report for your records
- A review of existing inspection and training records
- Detailed inspection of limits and limit operation, wire ropes, drive components, mechanical couplings, and brakes
- Consultation on inspection reports and actionable items regarding mechanical issues, hazards, or opportunities for improvement
Along with being the overhead crane inspection company of choice in and around Moberly, MO and throughout the Midwest, Engineered Lifting Systems also provides the following:
- Overhead Crane Repair
- Overhead Crane Brakes
- Overhead Crane Service
- Overhead Crane Automation
- Electric Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection Checklist | Frequent Inspections in Moberly, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Having a frequent crane inspection performed daily or monthly will diagnose problems before they have the chance to develop into accidents that cause expensive downtime. The daily usage of your crane means normal wear and tear can eventually catch up and damage the components and structure. Visual and operational inspections keep the crane in peak performance, which is where we come in!
Frequent inspection in Moberly, MO and throughout the Midwest includes examining the following items:
- Wire ropes – The Engineered Lifting Systems professionals look for any damage or deformation to the rope structure, fraying, loss of lubricant, broken strands, kinks, etc.
- Hoist chains and end connections – Our specialists look for excessive wear, twists, distorted links interfering with proper function, or stretch beyond manufacturer’s recommendations. If necessary, we add some lubrication.
- Functional operating mechanisms – Our Moberly, MO and Midwest specialists look for maladjustment.
- Air or hydraulic systems – We check for deterioration or leakage in drain pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
- Hooks – We look for cracks, deformation, etc.
- Braking motions – Our specialists make sure that stopping distance is normal and that there is not excessive drift.
- Hoist trolley and bridge – We run through complete motions.
- Rope reeving – We make sure it is in working order according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Safety – Our specialists test safety components and check that warning and other safety labels are present and legible.
OSHA Annual Overhead Crane Inspection | Periodic Inspections in Moberly, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Overhead crane safety is regulated by the OSHA in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.179 which dictates that inspections should be performed on a periodic basis of every one to 12 months. These standards for annual inspection are to determine if any deficiencies are observed and if they constitute a safety hazard.
According to OSHA, periodic inspections include checking the following items:
- Wind, load, and other indicators over their full range
- Worn or cracked drums and sheaves
- Loose rivets or bolts
- Corroded, cracked, or deformed members
- Distorted, cracked, or worn parts such as shafts, bearings, rollers, pins, gears, clamping and locking devices
- Pitting or deterioration of pushbutton stations, limit switches, and controller contactors
- Improper performance or non-safety-compliant electric, gasoline, diesel, or other power plants
- Excessive wear on ratchets, pawls, linings, and brake system parts
- Excessive chain stretch or wear on chain drive sprockets
If you fail to meet these crane inspection requisites, not only will it affect your efficiency and reputation, it could lead to fines if OSHA were to perform an on-site audit. Call us now at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 or reach out to us online.
Initial Overhead Crane Inspections For New Equipment in Moberly, MO and Throughout the Midwest
Any modified, repaired, reinstalled, altered, new, or updated crane needs to be inspected to ensure compliance before the initial operation. For example, ASME’s ANSI B30.11 requires a Rated Load Test confirming that the load rating is less than 80 percent of the maximum load sustained during the test before you are able to even operate the overhead crane.
These inspections should be performed by certified representatives in accordance with OEM recommendations to ensure that all parts of the system have been tested and properly installed. These trained technicians must provide a full report on the findings. At Engineered Lifting Systems, we have all pertinent crane inspection certifications in place. Reach out to us now or call us at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202 to take a look at your system before getting to work in the Moberly, MO area or elsewhere throughout the Midwest.
Contact the Leading Overhead Crane Inspectors in Moberly, MO, Throughout the Midwest | Engineered Lifting Systems
Let our overhead crane inspectors check out your overhead crane today. Once we are finished, you can get back to work with the peace of mind knowing your overhead crane is up to government standards and your team is safe to do what they do best. An inoperable overhead crane puts an abrupt halt to your project, as well as your deadline and your bottom line. Nobody wants that to happen.
Since that first day in 2004, we have been providing Moberly, MO and Midwest businesses with OSHA-compliant crane services of any type. To get started on a quote for overhead crane inspection, reach out to us or give our experienced specialists a call right away at 866-756-1200 or 866-756-1202.