Gorbel’s Workstation Overhead Cranes give you the handling equipment that you need to get the job done.
Gorbel’s line of Bridge Crane products guarantees increased productivity with their ability to span up to 30 feet and lift capacities from 150 – 4000 lbs. Available in freestanding, ceiling mounted, and monorail styles. Seismic Zone 4 applications also available.
Enclosed Track Design
Gorbel Work Station Crane Systems utilize enclosed track that is high in strength and low in weight.
- Available in steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Enclosed track cranes are up to three times easier to move than traditional bridge cranes.
- The design virtually eliminates dirt and dust from the rolling surface. This reduces wear on the wheels of the trolley and end trucks.
- The smooth running surface reduces rolling resistance.
- The low profile of the steel track allows the system to be installed where headroom is a problem.
- The low track weight reduces the applied forces exerted on the supporting structure. Long spans allow systems to be installed where hanging points are infrequent.
- Five capacities (250 lb., 500 lb., 1,000 lb., 2,000 lb., and 4,000 lb.) enable you to keep bridge weights and costs to a minimum.
The 2° taper of the running flange helps to center the trolley in the track for smooth, effortless movement of trolleys and end trucks.
Gorbel Free Standing Work Station Bridge Cranes can handle the toughest overhead lifting tasks. These cranes, which can be installed on any normal 6-inch reinforced concrete floor, feature a pre-engineered, modular design that can easily expand as your work centers expand.
When a work area must be free from any support structures that may interfere with operations, ceiling mounted bridge cranes are an excellent solution to keeping floors clear. Handling capacities up to 4000 lbs. with overall bridge lengths up to 34 ft., these systems are pre-engineered and modularly designed for easy installation, expansion, and relocation. Customers can install multiple bridges along one set of runways and greatly increase their productivity.
- Available in steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Capacities from 250 lb. to 4000 lb., with spans up to 30 feet.
- Easy to install, move, and position.
- Support steel doesn’t interfere with the handling operation.
- Require buildings with adequate overhead structures.
- Provide a solution for true linear movement.
- Pre-engineered modular designs enable Gorbel Work Station Crane Systems to be adapted for more sophisticated applications. This is done by the addition of extra tracks, curves, switches, and interlocks (transfers)
The monorail curve is a section of track that is formed to provide a 90° bend. Curve sections have a straight area that projects beyond the curve. The curve needs to be supported with three hangers.
Seismic Zone 4 Applications
Gorbel’s Seismic Zone IV Cranes have been designed for the most rigorous applications in areas that must adhere to Seismic Zone IV building code requirements. These cranes are completely free standing and require no sway bracing. The pre-engineered modular kit design of Gorbel’s Seismic Zone crane systems provide easy expansion or relocation.
- Designed for Seismic Zone IV.
- Capacities from 150 lb. to 4000 lb., with spans up to 30 feet.
- Easy movement for increased productivity.
- Steel and Aluminum enclosed track.
The bolted connections provide the flexibility in column and runway location required for easy installation or relocation.
Contact Engineered Lifting today for assistance and information on Gorbel cranes.